Lessons in Study Skills are an essential support for many students who would benefit from help with revision planning, time management, essay writing and related matters.
Study skills will cover the following areas:
- When and where to study - what suits you as an individual
- Making notes in and out of the lesson
- How best to tackle homework
- Planning for tests/management of revision
- Time management
- Personal development planning
- Essay writing
- Use of IT, libraries and resources
- Communication with Teachers
- Keeping up your motivation
- Working with other people
- Managing stress
The Oxford City Library
Membership of the Oxford City Library (two minutes, walking) is arranged for all students. On their first day there is an induction session to show new students the facilities of the library.
The facilities are impressive. Oxford library provides a quiet place to work with large desks and good lighting - making it the perfect environment for homework. The resources available to support work include textbooks, quality magazines and journals, CD-ROMS, the web and shelves of additional published materials.
Oxford Library has an extensive collection of University, UCAS and gap year books, magazines and articles. Students can also research careers in which they may be interested.