Many of the programmes for older students are taught in the University, an inspiring and beautiful environment. Our summer courses are very international, with students from over thirty countries. Younger students are taught at the OISC teaching centre. We welcome students of all ages, including juniors under 14 years. Teachers may join adult professional groups.
We offer a wide range of options, including:
- Language, Culture and Communication. Students are taught in international groups , unless closed-group teaching has been requested, and are grouped according to age and level of English. Intensive exam preparation (IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge) is also available.
- Academic preparation for a wide range of international examinations, including IB at HL and SL, (with TofK and Extended Essay support if required), Advanced Placement, Abitur, A-Level, and (I)GCSE, with all syllabuses and subjects offered. These courses include Study Skills and Essay-Writing support.
- Oxford Summer Experience: Create your own Oxford Adventure! This programme offers students the opportunity to flexibly design their own schedule, and to discover the joys of Oxford, whilst continuing their education and broadening their horizons. Some students take these programmes to enhance their existing studies, and possibly gain accreditation from their own high school or college. Others see the Oxford programme as an exciting way to widen their cultural and educational experience as part of a gap year.
Over 30 subjects are offered, including:
• Sciences and Maths
• Humanities and Languages
• Business, Law and Economics
The full list of subjects is available on request. Students select their own subjects and may combine up to four subjects, which may be changed every week if they wish.
- Oxford and Cambridge University interview and test preparation. The seminars are led by experienced Oxford and Cambridge tutors, including people from admissions in colleges of the University. We prepare students for the written tests at and before the interview, such as ELAT, TSA, BMAT, and include advice on the Personal Statement and UCAS alongside interview support.
- Boarding School entrance tests including ISEB, UKISET, and other entrance and scholarship examinations, including at 13+ and 16+. We also offer a range of options for those students who have school offers which are dependent on an intensive language course prior to entry, and we work with many UK schools on these.
- Programmes for Teachers. We welcome teachers and educational managers from all over the world. There are a range of specialist options, including Refresher Courses, Early Years and Primary Education, Working with Students with SEN, and CLIL (Content-Language Integrated Learning) in a range of subjects.
- Host families, which have been inspected and approved
- A College of the University (age 16+) with en-suite rooms
- A Student Residence (age 14+) which offers en suite rooms, a common room and dining room
Cultural and Leisure programme
During July and August we arrange cultural, sports and leisure activities each weekday afternoon. These include punting on the river, visits to galleries and museums, the Colleges of the University with their beautiful architecture dating from medieval times, and (for younger students) Harry Potter tours, treasure hunts, selfie tours of Oxford... the list goes on! At weekends we arrange full day excursions to destinations such as Stratford and Warwick, London, and Cambridge.
For students attending the OISC Virtual Summer School we offer a programme of online activities, such as virtual guided tours of locations in the UK, conversation cafés, prepare-your-own cream tea, and debating workshops. There are also seminars on British Literature, Oxford Art Gallery workshops, and seminars on applying to British Universities, including Oxford and Cambridge.
Fees and Other Charges
English Language only:
20 lessons (15 hours): £300 per week
(£275 per week for courses of more than 4 weeks)
30 lessons (22.5 hours): £400 per week
(£375 per week for courses of more than 4 weeks)
Programmes for Teachers (30 lessons/22.5 hours per week): £450 per week
Academic Programmes: £550 per week
These include a choice of up to four subjects (20 lessons per week in small groups, or individual tuition of equivalent value if group tuition is not available in a subject).
Private (1-1) Tuition:
10 lessons: £500 per week
20 lessons: £950 per week
30 lessons: £1,400 per week
Extra individual tuition: £55 per lesson
We include without charge advice on British Universities, Boarding schools and other aspects of education for any students who would like to discuss their future plans during the course.
Host family: £250 per week (Age 16+); £270 per week (12-15); £290 per week (under-12)
Student Residence: £500 per week
University: £650 per week
All accommodation options are offered subject to availability. Accommodation is in single rooms (unless friends wish to share), with breakfast and dinner included, and all three meals at weekends. University and Residence have private bathrooms.
Students arrive Sundays and leave on Saturdays. Since school holidays differ internationally there are no set dates, and students may stay for any number of weeks.
Cultural Activities Programme
Weekday afternoon activities: £70 per week
Full day weekend excursions: £70 each
These fees include transport, guide and admission fees.
Airport Transfers (private)
London Heathrow: £120 each way
London Gatwick: £150 each way
Other airports are more expensive and a quotation can be provided on request.
We offer a reduction in fees for students joining the programme in small groups of two or more;
Bursaries of up to 50% of tuition fees are available to students with excellent school reports, who could not otherwise take the programme . Further information is available on request.
Most students stay for one, two or three weeks during the summer. Those saying for three weeks will receive a 25% discount on tuition fees for the third week.
Usual agency rates apply. We offer special rates for multiple bookings and extended stays. For further information and a quotation please contact us at this email address, or call (+44) 1865 201009.