Provision for students during the COVID-19 Pandemic
We have now re-opened our main study centre, and we are welcoming students again for in-person teaching for the first time since March! Classes are operating with safe distancing, and a number of Covid-19 safety measures, which are outlined below:
- Masks are to be worn whilst moving through all communal areas of the college. These can be removed when in the classroom, as a distanced teaching environment will be carefully implemented. A box of masks is available at the main office entrance, for those who do not have them, and single-use gloves are also available for those who wish to use them.
- - All access doors are latched open so that touching door handles is not required. Physical sign in in the usual way by staff and students is not required. This will be done electronically, with help from tutors in providing accurate records. Classroom doors will also be wedged open.
- - Sanitisation stations have been set up at all entrances to the college, and everyone entering is expected to use the hand sanitiser provided each time they enter/exit the college.
- - Reduced class sizes will be implemented until further notice, to ensure that the class tutor, and all students, can be seated in a safely-distanced way
- -A one-way system has been implemented for entrance and exit from the upper floors of the college, to minimise the possibility of forced close contact on some of the narrow staircases in the building. This is with entrance through the student common room, and exit down the staircase leading to classrooms 5-9, back into the main office.
- - With fewer classes operating at any one time, classes will be allocated rooms in a formation that minimises possible contacts as much as possible (eg. one class on each side of the building; each floor, etc.)
- Students and staff must not attend the college if they display any potential symptoms of Covid-19, or feel unwell.
We continue to offer all our programmes via online teaching, both on a 1:1 basis, or in small groups where possible. Any programme purchased for online teaching can be converted to in-person teaching in Oxford, without charge, at any time as part of our Online-Merge-Offline guarantee.
All online programmes continue to be offered with a 10% discount, as below:
- Individual lessons of 45 minutes are priced at 47 GBP per lesson (usually 52 GBP).
Our usual packages of 10, 20, and 30 lessons are available at the rates below:
- 10 lessons (7.5 hours) - 450 GBP (usually 500 GBP)
- 20 lessons (15 hours) - 810 GBP (usually 900 GBP)
- 30 lessons (22.5 hours) - 1260 GBP (usually 1400 GBP)
Subject to interest, dates chosen, and level of English, group English Language tuition may be offered, up to a maximum of 5 students per class. The cost of this is 350 GBP per person for 20 lessons per week.
It is particularly important with online teaching that we have as much information in advance as possible. The tutors set, mark and assess written work and provide reports in the usual way. For examination students tests will be set as the exams approach.